Those that have assembled HVAC systems are exactly what we are looking for. This is NOT an IT position and this is NOT a held desk position!
What You’ll Do:
You will provide real time technical support assistance and troubleshooting for production, customers and the larger service network for active temperature-controlled containers. Additionally, you will coordinate the ordering and shipping of parts to the appropriate service centers.
Performs hands on troubleshooting of electrical and refrigeration systems of active temperature-controlled containers.
- Determine the urgency of repairs requested by the service centers. Assess and approve the associated cost to expedite parts/materials needed to repair the containers.
- Approve all replacements of damaged/inoperable containers for customers.
- Responds to technical requests from production, customers or service centers and provides necessary 24/7 technical assistance to resolve internal, external, and customer issues.
- Manage accurate records of spare parts inventory levels are maintained at all service centers.
- Review data from past shipments and check for anomalies. Advise service center on maintenance needed based on findings.
- Report to management on maintenance trends.
- Responsible for the maintenance scheduling of the containers to insure that all activities are performed prior to their expiration date and that the service record of the containers are updated.
- Reviews service center work orders, test and release documents for accuracy & completeness and issue approval to proceed.
- Reviews and approves service center invoices and work orders for payment processing.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in electronic assembly work
- 3 years of experience technical troubleshooting (field service preferred).
Abilities, Knowledge & Skills:
- Flexible with the ability to manage constantly changing workload while meeting deadlines.
- Professional demeanor, tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain good relationships with internal/external customers under stressful conditions.
- Must possess analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Must be thorough and exercise attention to detail.
- Must be able to set and maintain schedules.
- Organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities.
- Computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office or similar business system.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Talk, hear, see.
- Use keyboard, monitor, telephone, and other machines standard to office environment.
- Able to seat or stand for extended periods of time
- Office environment; sit 90% of day, with 10% working out in manufacturing type environment.
- Plant environment, heat,
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time worldwide.
- Ability to work night shift as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
You can also email your resume to a BARRYSTAFF recruiter at