This is for a prominent Miami Valley funeral home service. He or she will serve as the general overseer of the internal workings of the funeral home on a strictly administrative side of the operation. This position requires the use of Sage 50 software.
This person will be responsible for the application of principles of accounting to install and maintain the general accounting system, including preparation of reports and statistics reflecting assets, liabilities, and capital, financial transactions, earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results. He or she will maintain accounts and records of disbursements, expenses and tax payments. They will handle preparation, filing and payment of monthly tax and permit reports along with preparation of year-end tax information for accountant and preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and/or projected company financial position(s).
He or she will be responsible for all accounts payable and receivable functions. This person will collect, compile, record data and prepare standard reports with information necessary for decision-making. They must administer employee records, benefits and training, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulation. He or she must compile, processes and maintains all funeral home records, pre-need contracts, at-need contracts, posting payments, social security forms, all veterans administration forms completion, death certificate (EDRS program), insurance assignment applications understanding, trust templates, excellent telephone skills, and excellent people skills with the general public and compassion for animals.
Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assisting the owner with administrative tasks and providing coverage for front office and other funeral home support positions as needed, which may include evening, weekend and holiday work.
ITEMIZED LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in tandem and effectively with the general public.
- Protect the security of all funeral home records and paperwork.
- Effective communication with the Owner and General Manager of the funeral home, as well as pre-need funeral counselors, executive assistants and funeral support staff.
- Have compassion for pets and be able to received families with deceased pets, and guide the family through the whole process with compassion and understanding.
- Prepare and report financial conditions of the pet operations to arranger team.
- Review all funeral home paperwork for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with standard funeral home expectations, and strive for a zero error rating.
- Maintain cost controls concerning funeral home expenditures.
- Handle funeral home complaints in cooperation with the General Manager of the funeral home.
- Maintain all funeral home billing, invoices, payments from families and basic general accounting.
- Report all financial inconsistencies to management.
- Assist in obituary preparation & news paper placement, audio-visual creations, and other ancillary duties as requested.
- Knowledge of computers, and funeral home computer systems.
- Possess good telephone etiquette skills.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – STRIVE FOR A ZERO ERROR STANDARD.
- Greeting, communicating and directing families to the appropriate people for assistance.
- Coordinate the all aspects of A death certificate like family review of DC approval, certifiers approval, BOH filing and obtaining proper amount of Certified DC’s all in a timely manor.
This job requires the person to accept the executive position of bookkeeper, human resource management and administrator. Timeliness and organization skills are essential for the successful performance of this position. Also, a solid background in bookkeeping, human resource management and business administration is required.
STANDARD OF SERVICE:
- Reports to: Owners/Managers/Funeral Directors
- Valid state driver’s license.
- 5 yrs experience in bookkeeping and human resource management.
- Performance evaluations will be conducted bi-annually in January and June.
- This is an at-will position.
- Excellent working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, computer systems such as Microsoft Office: word, excel, outlook and publisher, digital photo editing, designing forms, managing files and records, and other funeral home office and funeral service terminology.
- English language – knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Customer and personal service – basic knowledge of the psychology of human grief, principles and processes for providing quality customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality management standards of service and responding to the customer needs assessment process.
- Law and government – basic knowledge of the laws, legal codes, regulation, agency rules, concerning funeral home in .
- Reading comprehension – understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Client complaints – having the skill to defuse most client complaints.
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to funeral home problems.
- Monitoring – monitoring/assessing performance of yourself and funeral home facilities, funeral home workers, and the organization as a whole to make continuous improvements in quality funeral service to the public.
- Be multi-tasked.
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor and adherence to Co. dress code.
- Ability to keep organized records.
- Oral expression – the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand you.
- Oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing all work tasks in an organized and timely basis.
- Integrity – job requires being honest and ethical and confidential.
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable and fulfilling job obligations.
Please send a resume to email@example.com or call (937) 461-9732 and ask for Emily.
The job search can be a pain. That’s why we’re here.
BARRYSTAFF has been putting people to work for over 30 years and remains the most successful locally-owned staffing agency in Dayton. With offices in Dayton, Piqua and Springfield, we specialize in industrial, clerical, and permanent placements. If you are looking for a new career, or if you are an employer looking for new talent, you are in the right place.
Welcome to BARRYSTAFF. Let’s go to work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year