By Scot Feldmeyer
BarryStaff of Cincinnati Newsletter 8/31/11
Calling all soccer teams! Looking for a sponsor? What a coincidence. BarryStaff happens to be looking for some teams to sponsor. Yes, it’s that time of year again when the kids are donning their shorts and shin guards to do their best imitations of David Beckham. We know that these aspiring athletes need the support of the community so we are willing to do our part by chipping in for uniforms and equipment.
We have budgeted to sponsor up to 5 teams this season. Why exactly are we doing this? Because we feel youth sports helps promote teamwork and a healthy lifestyle and that the lessons learned on the field of play help prepare our youth for the workplace. And hey, we’re a nice bunch of people. We do prefer to sponsor community teams rather than “select” or traveling teams and we do want to have our logo on the uniforms.
Check out the pictures and stories about the baseball and softball teams we sponsored last season by clicking “Sports” on our web site at www.barrystaff.com. Be sure and take a look at the pink uniforms for the girls’ team. If you are interested or know of a team that needs a sponsor this fall just give Doug Barry a call at (937) 461-9732 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…. A friend recently sent me these signs of our struggling economy.
– Parents in Beverly Hill are firing their nannies and learning their children’s names.
– A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico
– Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.
– The Mafia is laying off judges
– BP Oil is laying off Congressmen
– Congress is looking into the Bernie Madoff scandal. Oh Great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $15 Trillion disappear!
– And finally…I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and our bleak future, that I called the Suicide Lifeline and was connected to a call center in Pakistan. When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.