By Scot Feldmeyer – BarryStaff of Cincinnati Newsletter 11/28/11
Have you been to a store or mall lately? Yep, the Christmas trees are up, the toys are on display, even in the grocery store, and holiday tunes are blaring away on the speaker systems. Like it or not, the holidays are approaching. And that means busy times for everybody.
This is especially true in the staffing industry. Many of our clients are trying to get projects wrapped up and shipments out the door and we are helping them to get the right people in place to get the job done. This is also a time for planning ahead for next year’s needs. So in addition to pickers, and packers, and assemblers, and warehousemen, we are placing engineers and designers, managers, and administrative people. We know some very good people and we can recruit them for YOU!
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…..I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my wife and I had a new grandson. That makes 5 grandchildren for us with the oldest being only 4-years-old. Holidays are going to be crazy at our house for years, but we are looking forward to it. Along that line here are some quotes about being a grandparent that I thought you might enjoy.
– “An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly.” – Gene Perret
– “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!” – Hanna Whithall Smith
– “My grandkids believe I’m the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.” – Gene Perret
– “Grandchildren don’t stay young forever, which is good because Grandfathers have only so many horsey rides in them.” – Gene Perret
– “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.” – Mary H. Waldrip
– “The best baby-sitters, or course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” – Dave Barry
– “I wish I had the energy that my grandchildren have – if only for self-defense.” – Gene Perret
– “Grandchildren don’t make a man feel old; it’s the knowledge that he’s married to a grandmother.” – G. Norman Collie
Please keep us in mind for all of those end-of-year staffing needs. – Scot