Candidate will have the ability to analyze the current buying system, create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations, oversee all purchasing, be a skilled negotiator, with previous manufacturing experience and establish goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections.
Responsibilities are as outlined below but not limited to the following:
- Utilize MRP for production scheduling.
- Generate PO’s and manage open orders for on-time deliveries.
- Maintain accurate records of goods ordered and received.
- Assist in developing effective invoicing and collection processes.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower product cost.
- Vendor contract negotiation.
- Review procedure for purchasing, including evaluating and selecting suppliers of material
- Maintain supplier/vendor list on the DBS Manufacturing Network.
- Determine suppliers that meet customer/product specifications, delivery terms, pricing and quality requirements.
- Is discrete in handling confidential management and employer-employee relation’s matters.
- Perform any and all duties deemed necessary by management.
To be successful in this position the candidate should have a proven track record in the control of purchasing budgets, preparing and processing of requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, analyzing market and delivery systems in order to assess current and future material availability and the development and implementing of purchasing contract management instructions, policies, and procedures. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school education (Required), Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Manufacturing background with a proven history of developing effective inventory management policies.
- Ability to work well in teams of co-workers.
- Is organized, motivated, committed and self-directed.
- Ability to understand concepts regarding duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
The noise level is usually loud. Most everyone within the business works on a time schedule with deadlines. Being a manufacturing company, the work and general environment can become somewhat hectic at times; therefore, it is essential that the employee is able to; physically and emotionally, effectively handle the anxieties associated with the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year