READY, WILLING, AND WORTHY
Some time ago I heard a wonderful song by Richard Mekdeci called Ready, Willing, and Worthy. So struck was I by the title that I found I could focus on nothing else for the remainder of the event. I am always on the lookout for the simple and effective things in work and life. And Ready, Willing, and Worthy immediately captured my attention as a simple and effective tool for exploring and making changes in your business.
Here is how it works:
In thinking about this first step of readiness, what immediately comes to mind is a race. In almost all racing events I have witnessed, the starter begins the race with some version of “Ready (or on your marks), Get Set, Go!” Think of the chaos if the starter simply yelled “Go!” Some people would be ready; others would not. I suspect there would be a bit of jostling and maybe even people who would trip and fall over one another.
Being ready means having a well thought out plan and having what you need to fully implement that plan. All too often, our human tendency is to jump right into an idea and then suffer the consequences of not testing our readiness.
To test your readiness, ask yourself the following questions:
- What else do I need to know to make this decision?
- What have I overlooked?
- What would make me even more ready?
- Do I have everything I need to make this change?
- So, are you ready?
Once you determine you are ready, it is important to ask yourself if you are really willing to do what it will take to fully implement the change.
To test your willingness, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I willing to do what it takes to achieve the desired result?
- How willing am I to make adjustments along the way?
- Am I willing to accept that this change may not turn out the way I think it will?
So, are you willing?
Two quotes that refer to worthiness are: “You’ve gotta believe to receive” and “Energy flows where the mind goes.”
To test your beliefs about worthiness, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I really, truly believe in what I am doing?
- What do I need to shift in my thinking to truly believe I am worthy of the success I desire?
So, are you worthy?
Three simple and powerful questions: Am I ready? Am I willing? Am I worthy? If the answer to all three is a heartfelt YES, then I know you are on your way to making a powerful change!