Temp Jobs Lead Fourth Quarter Hiring Forcast
By Scot Feldmeyer – BarryStaff of Cincinnati weekly newsletter 10/14/11
So what is the hiring forecast for the 4th quarter of 2011? Well, according to CareerBuilder’s Fourth Quarter Hiring Forecast, 21% of employers plan to hire new employees through the end of the year. This isn’t as high as surveys from earlier in the year, so it means that it’s kind of a cautious hiring climate with hiring levels remaining flat for the rest of the year. But there is a sliver lining.
Once again, the hiring silver lining comes from temporary positions. Twenty-seven percent of employers say they plan to hire temporary staff in the last few months of 2011. They also say that they estimate that 17% of the temp hires will be converted into full-time staff. Companies typically bring in year-end workers to get out orders that have backed up, take year-end inventories, prepare for tax season or add workers for holiday pushes. Often workers pick up valuable skills, experience and networking opportunities in these jobs.
Here at BarryStaff we have a database full of workers with all different kinds of experience. If your company needs some 4th quarter manpower, please give us a call.
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE……Here are some comments from actual insurance claim forms.
– “Coming home I drove into the wrong house and hit a tree I don’t have.”
– “My car was legally parked when it backed into another vehicle.”
– “An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.”
– “The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.”
– “I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.”
– “The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.”
– “I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.”
– “I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.”
Hey, Be safe out there. And please call us if we can be of service. -Scot