You will load, unload, and move materials within the plant to ensure appropriate materials are available for production.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Material Handling
-Prepares and executes materials for mold changes.
-Reads work orders or follows oral instructions and work instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved; opens and/or seals containers.
-Performs basic minimum preventative maintenance on hopper loaders, grinders, and dryers to the work instruction.
-Loads plastic resins into machine hoppers.
-Cleans grinders as needed.
-Responds to and corrects dryer/grinder alarms.
2. Material Movement
-Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves.
-Operates forklift, electric /hand pallet jacks.
-Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
3. Material Inventory
-Transfers materials from storage or work sites to designated area and keeps material levels full.
-Records and scans units of materials moved.
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the
completion of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid forklift certification
- Comfort in relating to all levels of management and diversity of personalities
- Advanced attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- Intermediate ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word and Excel
- Work hours are 40 hours per week – currently work days are Monday
through Friday, hours are dependent upon assigned shift; may require
additional hours, including evening and weekends depending on business
Tools and Equipment Used
- Scanner, company issued knives/cutters, electric and hand pallet jacks
Physical and Mental Demands
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, powered industrial trucks, and extreme heat
Physical and Mental Demands
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Additional Mental Requirements: compare, decide, problem solve, analyze, instruct, interpret
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (937) 461-9732 and ask for Jessica.
The job search can be a pain. That’s why we’re here.
BARRYSTAFF has been putting people to work for over 30 years and
remains the most successful locally-owned staffing agency in Dayton.
With offices in Dayton, Piqua and Springfield, we specialize in
industrial, clerical, and permanent placements. If you are looking for a
new career, or if you are an employer looking for new talent, you are
in the right place.
Welcome to BARRYSTAFF. Let’s go to work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour